Synchronized lifting of the Guasila canal bridge necessary for the execution of structural reinforcement works and positioning of the new support devices.
Given the static configuration of the bridge having a span of 40 meters and arranged over 4 spans, the lifting system required the use of 18 load points consisting of hydraulic cylinders with a stroke of 200mm and a capacity of 100ton each.
The lifting operations were divided as follows:
- inspection on site
- first general lifting of the bridge to a height of + 170mm
- subsequent lowering on temporary supports
- shimming of the hydraulic cylinders
- new lifting phase with final height of + 340mm
- making the system safe screwing the mechanical locking nuts and disconnection of the hydraulic connections
The synchronized lifting was done by the FPT Synchro – synchronous system on which a tolerance on displacements equal to 1mm was set; the total weight lifted was about 507 ton.